Pursuit Student Ministries
CCC's Pursuit Student Ministries, for youth in grades 7 through 12, exists to awaken ordinary students to extraordinary life in Christ-centered community. Pursuit meets every Wednesday from 6-8:30 p.m. A typical Pursuit Community Wednesday night looks like this:
“But first and most importantly seek [pursue] His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right – the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also.”
– Matthew 6:33 (AMP)
Students in the Pursuit Community are taught to pursue:
- Jesus: He is the center of everything we do at Pursuit. We will be unashamed of the constant pursuit of Christ. We love him because he first loved us.
- Transformation: We pursue Spirit-led transformation. We believe that whenever you have a true encounter with Christ, you cannot help but to be transformed.
- Identity: We pursue our identity in Christ. We ask, “Who has God created you to be?” Part of what we do at Pursuit is help our students see that their identity comes from the fact that they are created in the image of God, and also that they were created on purpose and for a purpose.
- Community: We believe that we are challenged and live out the Gospel best when lived in community. We were created by God to not be alone. We passionately pursue community for our students through small groups.
- Others: We pursue others. We believe that if Jesus is who he says he is (and He is!), then what we talk about is the most important thing we will ever talk about. So we passionately pursue others, letting them know Christ through our actions, words and love.
<<< Help us build our proposed Student Ministry Center! Click here to learn more. >>>