Ministries - Celebrate Recovery
The purpose of Christ Community Church’s Celebrate Recovery ministry is to fellowship and celebrate God’s healing power in our lives through the “Eight Recovery Principles.”
This experience allows us to “be changed.” We open the door by sharing our experiences, strengths, and hopes with one another. In addition, we become willing to accept God’s grace in solving our lives’ problems.
By working and applying these Biblical principles, we begin to grow spiritually. We become free from our addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy, and most importantly, a stronger personal relationship with God and others.
As we progress through the program we discover our personal, loving, and forgiving Higher Power - Jesus Christ - the one and only true Higher Power.
Eight Principles based on the Beatitudes
1. Realize I’m not God. I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable.
2. Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him, and that He has the power to help me recover.
- Happy are those who know they are spiritually poor.
3. Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control.
4. Openly examine and confess my faults to myself, to God, and to someone I trust.
- Happy are those who mourn. God will comfort them.
5. Voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects.
- Happy are the pure in heart.
6. Evaluate all my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I’ve done to others, except when to do so would harm them or others.
- Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires.
7. Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.
- Happy are the merciful. Happy are the peacemakers.
8. Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and by my words.
- Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires.
Welcome to an AMAZING spiritual adventure!
Celebrate Recovery Small Groups CAN:
- Provide you with a safe place to share your experiences, strengths, hopes with others who are going through a Christ-Centered recovery.
- Provide you with a leader who has gone through a similar hurt, hang-up, or habit that will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular principle each week. The leader will also keep Celebrate Recovery’s “five rules.”
- Provide you with the opportunity to find an accountability partner or sponsor.
- Encourage you to attend other recovery meetings held throughout the week.
Celebrate Recovery Small Groups will NOT:
- Attempt to offer any professional, clinical advice. Our leaders are not counselors. We can provide you with referrals.
- Allow its members to attempt to fix one another.
Derrick Shields: email@example.com or
Church office: 706.565.7240